Monday, April 25, 2016

My First Travel Experience: Hong Kong

Manila from up above at night.

Hello Beautiful! My first travel to another country is such a life changing experience I wouldn't let the opportunity of telling you my story pass by.

I haven't tried riding in an airplane before and it really is one of my dreams. Getting your passport is a struggle but it will all be worth it when you start to go places.



And the day finally came for me to have the chance to travel to another country. Travelling from Subic to Manila is no joke since traffic in manila is SO REAL! We left our house around 8 AM with us expecting to arrive at NAIA around 12 PM. But manila traffic made that so impossible! But thankfully, we checked-in thru the internet. With only 1 hour left before our flight we managed to arrive at the airport SAFELY.

I am a newbie and going thru busy airport is just so overwhelming for me. The very first scanner I went through, I beeped and asked to put my phone through the bag scanner. I didn't know you're not allowed to have anything in your pocket! Such a newbie failure.

With so much rush, we ran into the check in counter for our baggage. Thanks online check-in! Then we then rushed to pay something and when we got back to the check in counter, lo and behold our flight is 2 hours delayed. What a great way to start my first ever travel.


You think 2 hours is long enough? We waited on our designated gate for another 2 more hours! So, 4 hours in and I couldn't even think of anything worst than that. The sun is gone and I can't take decent airplane shots anymore. And magically we got an hour more delay. 5 hours waiting to FINALLY ride an airplane is so excruciating. I JUST WANNA RIDE THE FREAKING PLANE AND KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE!

When we were already boarded, we then again waited for another hour for our plane to fly. The flight was already delayed and we're not first on the list to fly! But it didn't bother me that much already since I was there in a plane, sitting beside the window! I was energized! No, I was ecstatic! Like suddenly waiting for 6 hours doesn't really matter anymore.



We arrived in Hong Kong around 10 PM. And man I was shocked how big and nice their airport is! I was suddenly on a state of "flying because of happiness!" I WAS IN A ANOTHER COUNTRY AND I JUST CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW I FELT! It felt kinda liberating and weird at the same time. I can't wait to get out of the airport.

First thing I did after steping out the airport was breathe in deeply. And I know that I am definitely else where.

Our hotel is located in Mongkok, I guess it's somewhere in Kowloon. The night was very much alive in Hong Kong. It was 11 PM and stores are still open, and a lot of people are still busy pacing. We just settled a little in our hotel room and decided to go out. Since a lot of hours were lost when we got delayed in Manila. We maximized the time we still have for that day.




On day 2, we went to the happiest place on earth. I was tired, but truly happy! Giddy like a 10 year old child.




After Disneyland we went back to our hotel and took a nap. Then went to the night market for "pasalubongs". Stuffs in Hong Kong is expensive since HKD 1 is PHP 6.

Food is one of the reasons why I want to travel! I am a foodie and food is my life. I want to experience food through out the whole world (if that's possible) And food in Hong Kong is good! I would definitely go back for the duck! Oh man that duck is really something! (Is it just me or I find people in Hong Kong a bit uninviting, or rude? Whenever we eat they just bang everything on your table like they're mad or something...)

Duck and some delicious noodles and tofu!


We unexpectedly ran into a sushi house, and they have this open refrigerators (like the ones in a supermarket) where you can choose from tons of different sushi!!!! 1 sushi is HKD 3 ONLY!! The cheapest food I have bought and it was so good every Hong Kong dollar I spent on it was so worth it.

Chicken, Duck and Pork

We also ate in a noodle house and it was so yummy! I forgot to take pictures... :( Ahhh, how I love food!








I was so happy that everything was really happening! I am a travel junkie now. I would love to go places. Experience and feel another country. Eat and eat all kinds of food. I will definitely save money to travel again. 

Thank you Hong Kong for being so beautiful you made my first ever travel so unforgettable.

To my Aunt and Uncle, thank you for bringing me with you! :*

'Till my next adventure! :*


Love,
Isha <3

1 comment: