Monday, February 29, 2016

Finally!


I know what you're thinking. You graduated AGAIN?! YES! YES I DID!

I can't explain how happy I am. I am very much overwhelmed of how the whole year had been for me.  It truly is one of the best year of my life. A time I can't and won't forget! It was a fantastic year.



Look how happy that girl is! Finally got her diploma.

And you know why I was extremely happy apart from getting my diploma?

*drum roll*


I GOT 5 AWARDS. YEP, 4 MEDALS AND A TROPHY. (Not bragging here tho. Just proud.)


I still can't believe how I got that much but....I cannot.....



*SCREAM INTERNALLY*


I've worked hard the whole year and I couldn't be anymore proud of myself for achieving the highest award. It was a proof that I am something more than just a girl. That I can be anything that I want to be when I believe in myself. When I trust myself.


To my family and friends, thank you. For supporting me thru out the whole year. Thru anything. I love you all.





And what was the main highlight of my evening???


I GAVE OUT A SPEECH.


Never, as in NEVER, in my entire 20 years have I gave a speech.

And there I was standing in front of everyone. Shaking and sweating because I was just too nervous. I have waited long enough for that moment.

Ever since I was a kid, all I wanted was to graduate and love what I do. And there I was, receiving the highest award and giving out speeches. I am so proud of myself. I really am.

And to anyone whose reading this and having doubts about yourself. Don't be scared. Believe in yourself. You're something more (as in MORE) than what you think you are. Trust in yourself that you can do it, and you will. You will do great things!


And to just finish this post off, I'd like to share to you my graduation speech.

"A blessed and victorious day everyone!  Praise God for all the wonderful blessings He has given us. I am deeply honored to stand in front of all the Chefs, parents, family, friends, staff and my classmates.
Education.  Yes, our culinary/pastry education.  The same education that our parents and relatives have worked hard for all of us, from working themselves to sleepless nights or overtimes to provide us financially what we need to have a bright future and better life.  Kudos to our parents and relatives for all the sacrifices they made!  For without them, we all would not be in this place to celebrate our achievements.
I personally would like to thank my uncle Willem, aunt Milcah, mama, to my papa who is already with the Lord, my sisters, lolas and my whole family for always believing in me.
Our whole batch would also like to thank Chef Gandler, Chef Kenneth, Chef Shoilo, Chef Louie, Chef Kitty, Chef Manoj, Chef Hazel, Chef Ed, Chef Jamie and all the other chefs. For helping us throughout the year. And for imparting your knowledge to us. Without all of your help, we wouldn’t make it here.
According to Charlie Munger’s quotation and I quote,
"You're not going to get very far in life based on what you already know. You're going to advance in life by what you're going to learn after you leave here."
Oftentimes, we are thrilled with the thought that after a year of lectures on cooking and baking methods and theories, endless memorizing of cooking terminologies and recipes, grueling formulation of recipe costings, bloody practicals and recitations we are thoroughly done and finished.
It was only then, that I realized that all of these were groundwork for the real world, it may sound too dramatic but it’s certainly true.  Everything is just a prelude to a new beginning. 
Not everyone will understand how hard it is to work inside the kitchen. Not until you experience it yourself. They will never know those long service hours, hot and humid kitchens, eating late, working on holidays and working yourself up all day. It’s not an easy job. But what keeps us going is the hustle, the adrenaline, that eager feeling to learn, and the excitement we feel every time we’re inside the kitchen. Every dish we cook and serve is made with passion, time, effort and hard work. Like what Chef Ken always tells us, “You’re only as good as your last dish.”
The knowledge and discipline that our alma mater ISCAHM instilled in us, makes us a cut above everyone else.  I may sound a bit highly opinionated but that’s what makes an ISCAHM graduate standout. 
  Funny how time flies that I can still vividly remember that very first day I walked inside that classroom filled with unfamiliar faces. But,look at us now, we’re inseparable! We made it through the whole year together, all our hardships finally paid off. But of course, all the “after class” good times we spent together will always be cherished. We made our stay here in ISCAHM a freakishly good one. And it truly is something to be remembered years from now.
So, to each one of my classmates I would like to say, do what you love! Do it with passion! Do it with the understanding that if you are never rewarded with money or recognized by the public, you are making a valuable contribution to yourself. Make everything count. Make everything worthwhile. Thank you for a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious year! Congratulations to us and long live the best batch ever!

To end this speech, I’d like to present to all of you a highly entertaining video presentation of our batch.


Thank you for listening and enjoy."


Peace Out!


Love,
Isha <3

1 comment: